SPU style moving coil cartridge
The Xpression cartridge bridges the gap between the SPU-type cartridges and High-End cartridges like the MC A90 and the MC Windfeld designed for headshell mounting. The result is a high-performance moving coil cartridge with the convenience of a standard headshell connector, which provides a simple and elegant method of directly connecting the generator and tonearm via the Xpression’s one-piece body.
Since the cartridge length is identical to that of an SPU, the Xpression can easily be fitted onto tonearms without additional concern for proper alignment. The cartridge height is likewise identical to the SPU height, which makes further VTA adjustments unnecessary.
The length of the cartridge ensures proper match with the SME-mount type tonearms, e.g. SME, Grace, Fidelity Research, SAEC and Micro Seiki brands. Additionally, the mass and compliance properties of the Xpression ensure that a proper match will be achieved with any SPU-compatible arm.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 0,3 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - < 0,2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 28 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 22 dB
- Frequency response - 20 Hz-20.000 Hz +0.5 /- 1.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 90 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 11 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Special polished Nude Ortofon Replicant 100 on Boron Cantilever
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 5/100 µm
- Tracking force range - 2.3 -2.8 g (23-28 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 2,6 g (26 mN)
- Tracking angle - 23°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 4 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - > 10 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - SLM Stainless Steel and Special proprietary TPE-compound
- Cartridge colour - Black
- Cartridge weight - 28 gram