The NAD C 538 includes many desirable features that enhance listening pleasure. Front panel controls are duplicated on the hand held remote allowing Play, Pause, Skip, and Scan functions. In addition, many more features are available from the remote handset, such as RANDOM: Tracks/files are played at random mode, PROGRAM: Enter or exit program mode, REPEAT: Track, file, folder or whole disc is repeated, RPT A-B: Playback sequence is repeated. The dimmable dot matrix display shows tracks, total playing time. Track time, disc time, and remaining time are all available. The C 538 also can play CD-R/CD-RW discs allowing you to burn songs from your computer for playback on your CD Playing system.
Because these songs are encoded in MP3 or WMA format, you can fit up to 10 hours of music on a single disc which is great for party mixes and ambient listening. There are also both optical and coaxial digital outputs that allow connection to an external DAC or digital component (like an AVR) to provide the most efficient and best sounding system setups.
Although music downloads and streaming continue to grow in popularity, CDs are still the primary listening source for millions of people around the world. NAD continues to innovate and improve its CD Players to get improved performance while keeping prices low. Whether you are creating your first home system, or upgrading your current CD Player, you should consider NAD’s 45 year record of excellence, and its commitment to music lovers everywhere, when selecting a new player.
- Output level: Analog: 2.2 ± 0.1 V
- Frequency response: ±0.5 dB (ref. 0 dB 20 Hz-20 kHz)
- Total harmonic distortion: ≤0.01% (ref. 1 kHz, Audio LPF)c
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥110 dB (ref. 1 kHz, A-weighted)
- Channel balance: ±0.5 dB (ref. 0dB 1kHz)
- Channel separation: -4.6 ±0.8 dB (ref. 0dB 1 kHz, 5 kHz)
- -9.0 ±1.0 dB (ref. 0dB 1 kHz, 16 kHz)
- Standby power: <0.5W
- Idle power: <7.5W
- Gross dimensions (W x H x D)
- 435 x 70 x 249 mm (Gross)*
- 17 3/16 x 2 13/16 x 9 13/16 inches