*PRICED IN USD*
The WATCH Dog is an ultra-high-performance, compact, passive subwoofer. There’s a widespread myth that since subwoofers operate in the low to subsonic frequency range, the sonic quality of the amplifier used to drive them is not critical. Couple that with the fact that FTC-mandated criteria for power amplifier specifications don’t apply to active subwoofers—a loophole which allows manufacturers to wildly inflate performance claims for what are, in many cases (no pun intended) the severely sub-standard amplifiers built into their subwoofers.
When designing the WATCH Dog, special attention was paid to the driver itself. This proprietary twelve-inch woofer was specifically optimized for the two bottom octaves of the audible bandwidth. The driver features a dual spider design, triangulating its geometry (the third variable being the cone’s surround) such that the high-excursion cone can only move pistonically.
- Woofer: 12 inch Dual Spider (30.48 cm)
- Sensitivity: 83 dB @ 1 watt @ 1m @ 100 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms, minimum 5.6 ohms @ 1 kHz
- Minimum Amplifier Power: 200 watts (for theater applications)
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 300Hz Room Average Response [RAR]
- Height (w/spikes): 26.875 inches, (68.26 cm)
- Width: 18 inches (45.72 cm)
- Depth: 25.125 inches (63.82 cm)
- Total Shipping Weight (approx): 281 lbs (127.5 kg)